FIRST NEWS!!!: Ghastly City Sleep is playing at PIANOS / SEPT 17th / doors 7pm : Ghastly 11pm. It will be my birthday jubilee as well! All New Yorkers please come out and get weird with us.
Gawd it’s been foreves. We are returning excitedly after this crazy stint of writing and recording our newest, upcoming full length. It will be entitled LULLING SKULLS.
I am just gonna start spurting out things for recap since I am the best at blogging!
* We are missing our most stellar, cedar-spirited friend C.B. Houck. He has just become a father to a baby girl named Sage! Get in touch with him and shower them with love. He and Kimberly up and moved from New York down to the Outer Banks in North Carolina last month.
* Therefore >> we have now added 2 new members into our family mix… Charlie Flexon and Sammy Gallo. Come out on the 17th and tell em your two cents. We are working hard these couple weeks to rearrange and learn a whole ton of things! (Ceebs, they ain’t doin too shabby.)
* We have a new full-length tentatively scheduled to release in October on MAGIC BULLET RECORDS. We’re stoked to be working with Brent Eyestone again. We decided to bring back all the familiar faces from our past on this album. Of course, you know us, we went a little non-traditional… It was half mixed by Alex Aldi & half mixed by Andrew Schneider. In addition, we brought Alan Siegler back, both in the writing/performing process of these songs, as well as playing an engineering role along with Charles Burst, Mike Kutchman and us Ghastlies.
* There have been some nice press releases already of a few tracks from the album. We are giddy-little moderne dancers over here.
>> “Clumsy One” has been released as an exclusive premiere on DIFFUSER.FM (9.2.2014). Both The Deli Magazine (New York, Chicago, and LA) and New York Music Journal have blogged about this premiere as well!
>> “White Owls” has been released as an exclusive premiere on NYLON GUYS MAGAZINE (7.28.2014).
>> “Bent” has been released as an exclusive premiere on SPIN MAGAZINE (8.2.2013).
* Moving on. We have built a new website, which is brilliance for us!!! Check it >> GHASTLY CITY SLEEP WEBSITE
* Yeliz and I are almost finished with the artwork and design for the vinyl. There is also a surprise 4th side addition to the album, which now clocks in probably somewhere around 70 minutes. Oh, and YES! It will be a double LP. Still waiting to receive test presses.
Phewww. That’s probably enough spewings for now. We hope to get a lot more of these shows set up and performing live. Please get in touch to help in making that happen.
We are really excited about all this new stuff. We truly feel it is our best work to date. Big bloody, pulpy hearts to all!
>>>> Bee; & The Ghastlies.